A day of interfaith meetings, and service for SolidariTEA
Youth Action in Development Activities (YADA) conducted a series of activities in line with the solidariTEA including an open rally, focused group discussions, public debate and family visits.
An open rally was organized to sensitize the community more about the solidarity tea activities and to sensitize the community on the importance of promoting interfaith cooperation to promote tolerance, contact and dialogue for the promotion of peace for the development
Focused group discussions
The focused group discussions were organized to have the views of different categories of human development level to see how they feel and what are some of the challenges they are facing and looking at some of the possible solution to the challenges at community level.
It also aims at harvesting the individual commitment on the promotion of Human rights for every citizen and looking at ways communalities can support each other.These activities were facilitated with the aim of allowing the communities to have time to discuss some of the issues that are affecting them and at the same time to help the communities to realize their full potential in the promotion of Human Rights and bring corporation among the faith communities.
The following were some of the topics which were disused during the meetings:
- Is it possible for interfaith cooperation?
- What are some of the common problems that people face due to poverty and venerability disabilities?
- Is it good for people from different faith to marry?
- How do people in the community describe Human right?
- And others
The visits were organized to support some of the families who in need and those we feel they can support other families in one way or another. The women’s group called Tigwirane Manja, using the local resources and their art of handmade clothes donated these to some families see the picture below and attached.
Women group displaying their artistic works they are doing for economic empowerment
At the end of the activities the following were some of the recommendations from the communities and other groups that were involved in the activities:
- To organize more activities of the same kind to promote interfaith corporation.
- To organize an interfaith network for the development activities.
- To organize some fund raising activities for the sustainability of the activities.
- To strengthen the networking with other international organizations to learn best practice from them.
- To organize more capacity building training for CBOs to assist their communities and to promote interfaith corporation.