Create your own event
We believe faith communities can unite to do something to eradicate deaths from malaria – a preventable disease. Here is a guide on how to help by organising your own event. Together, we can save lives and show the world how faith can be a force 4 good.
How to create your own event
Creating your own event allows you to think outside the box. Create a unique event to inspire support for Faiths Act in your community! From sleep-outs, to yard sales, to skydives, the possibilities are endless. So if you’ve got creative flair this is your chance to show your community what you can do.
Here’s how it works:
- Put your thinking cap on: think about your skills, interests and hobbies and decide what kind of event you would like to organise. Or are there any upcoming events at your community or school that you could bring a Faiths Act theme to?
- Invite others to take action with you! You can raise funds and awareness for our work on malaria prevention in Sierra Leone, helping to save lives. Use our resources to help you build awareness and publicity for your event.
- Send us your photos and stories - we’ll put the best ones on our website and show that faith is a force 4 good.
Ideas for creative Faiths Act events
- Get people to wear a net to work or school and get sponsored for it.... use laundry nets, fishing nets or whatever you have laying around.
- Organise a multi-faith concert - or set up a multi-faith choir who can perform together and raise funds.
- Make a short film or video blog with someone of a different faith about what your faiths teach about compassionate action for others.
- Hold a sleep out under anti-malaria bed nets in your town centre, village or college campus.
- Run a sponsored multi-faith walk-a-thon.
- Organise a skills auction with people from different communities.
- Invite people from different faiths to join you for an arts and crafts event and draw, paint or create your own image of what a force 4 good looks like.